Stocking stuffers can eat up a hefty chunk of your Chris timberland uk tmas shopping budget, and we often don’t think about the expense until just days before Christmas.
Stocking stuffers in our home used to be quite costly. I fill (and I mean “I” since my husband is no help whatsoever in this department!) 13 Christmas stockings for people, and 1 for the dog. That can add up quickly.
The following are a few frugal ideas for stocking stuffers that have been hits in my family in previous years.1. Coupons. Don’t roll your eyes! My daughter and daughter in law to be LOVE coupons for diapers, wipes, and cosmetics that they can’t afford to splurge on as stocking stuffers. They timberland uk especially love BOGO coupons.
2. Magazine subscriptions. Pay $5 for the subscription, then pay $3.95 for the latest issue. Roll it up and put it in the stocking. For less than $10 you’ve practially filled the whol timberland uk timberland uk e stocking!
3. Free samples. I scour through bags and boxes that I tuck away throughout the year and assemble my stash of free samples that I’ve received via mail for use as stocking stuffers. My boys and hubby get the razors and shave cream; the girls get the feminine hygiene products (hey, it saves them from buying them!) and the lotions, shampoo and perfumes.
4. Babysitting coupons. I put coupons for a free evening or afternoon of babysitting into two of my kid’s stockings as stocking stuffers and they’ve usually redeemed one within the week!
5. Got tea drinkers? Buy a big box of tea bags and divvy them up among the stockings as stocking stuffers.
6. Dip plastic spoons in melted chocolate and wrap in cellophane. Tuck these in as stocking stuffers to be stirred and enjoyed in coffee or hot chocolate.